All veterans deserve a home that provides safety and peace of mind. Many, however, are in living situations that require improvements, modifications or sometimes a whole new home. This is especially true for our disabled and elderly heroes.
To raise awareness of veterans housing issues, Team Depot has launched the social media campaign #ServiceSelfie. Home Depot will donate $1 for every #ServiceSelfie posted from September 10 - November 11, 2015 up to $1 million.
Whether you’re volunteering or showing your love for the Gary Sinise Foundation, the #ServiceSelfie is all about giving back and having fun. We are proud to be among the nine participants of this campaign and grateful to Team Depot for this incredible fundraising opportunity!
How to participate:
1. Snap a selfie (solo or with your friends) while giving back to your community
2. Hashtag #ServiceSelfie
3. Tag Gary Sinise Foundation on our different social media outlets:
@GarySiniseFoundation (on Facebook)
@GarySiniseFound (on Twitter)
@GarySiniseFoundation (on Instagram)
4. Likes, comments, shares, retweet and regrams also count towards the campaign, so get social!
1. US Army Capt. Luis Avila and his wife Claudia, Chef Robert Irvine, and Brenda Solomon #ServiceSelfie @GarySiniseFoundation
2. Our GSF Director of Veterans Outreach William Wagasy Garden Expo Event #ServiceSelfie @GarySiniseFoundation
3. #TeamGSF #TeamDepot #ServiceSelfie @GarySiniseFoundation
4. Members of the Ft. Belvoir Fire Department at a GSF Invincible Spirit Festival #ServiceSelfie @GarySiniseFoundation
5. GSF team at USMC Staff Sgt. Jason Ross’ Home Dedication in California #ServiceSelfie @GarySiniseFoundation